wine by the color

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

As evidenced by how long it took me to start a blog, I'm not usually the first to jump on something when it's super hot. Case in point, BAM and I went to see "The 40 Year-Old Virgin" tonight. First, I must point out that the punctuation is incorrect and, according to the Associated Press Stylebook, it should be "The 40-Year-Old Virgin."

But that is my sole complaint where this cinematic wonderment is concerned. Unlike the "Wedding Crashers," which started extremely strong but lost steam as it went on, this provided hearty laughs throughout. The closing scene, in particular, had us rolling. I won't go on and on since most people probably had this discussion a month ago, but this was one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time.

8 Comments:

  • At 9/21/2005 10:17 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I loved it.

     
  • At 9/21/2005 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loved it, loved it, loved it. Funniest movie since "Anchorman". I agree about "Wedding Crashers" losing steam. PS - "Red Eye" is a great tight little thriller up until the very end when I got completely annoyed. Harrumph. PPS - Love your blog.

     
  • At 9/21/2005 3:26 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    Wow, sounds like someone needs to get off the anal train. ;)

     
  • At 9/22/2005 12:06 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Megs, you're talking to someone who has 1,200 CDs alphabetized, who organizes DVDs by subject matter (including a special 'utterly watchable crap' section for "Crossroads," "Glitter" and "Showgirls") and hangs shirts in the closet according to color and pattern. The anal train makes daily station stops at my house.

    Maggie, your proper hyphen usage is brilliant.

    Cristiane, welcome, and thank you.

     
  • At 9/22/2005 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel you on the anal train. That word has been thrown my way for much of my life. But one person's anal retentiveness is another's unwillingness to dwell in chaos and disorganization. I, too, have my CDs arranged alphabetically and then chronologically and by type (studio album, single, greatest hits, compilation, etc. -- I am approaching 1,000 myself.

    Yeah, 40-year-old virgin, funny as hell. Wedding Crashers funny as hell for the first 3/4 or so.

    - SJPSandman

     
  • At 9/22/2005 2:08 AM, Blogger frank said…

    listen, girls. i want to throw something out there. if you like it, you can take it. if not, send it right back. i want to be on you. wait wait wait wait wait wait!!!....i want to be on you.

     
  • At 9/22/2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9/22/2005 2:28 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    You know I have "Anal Train" on DVD. Not sure where it is, because it's hidden and I don't want the wife to find it. Also, I don't alphabetize my DVDs, but It's certainly a good watch. Lots of screaming, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home