wine by the color

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Lots of sports news today. I don't like to hear this ... Scott Stevens will not play for the Devils this season. While it stops short of saying he's retiring, that's kind of what it sounds like to me. When this story is covered on tonight's news, I look forward to seeing the replay of his greatest hit ever - the leveling of Lindros in the 2000 conference finals. UPDATED - he has announced his retirement. It saddens me that he won't get to say a proper farewell on the Meadowlands ice because of the strike. Yes, he'll have a nice official send-off, but it won't be the same.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/06/2005 9:54 PM, Blogger Topps said…

    Damn strike. May you rot in heck Gary Bettman.

    I fear this will not be a good sign for the Devils' fortunes moving forward.

    Fortunately, though, as I've banished the NHL to my personal sports pit-of-no-return, alongside MLB, roller derby and curling (which is simply hockey without the hitting. And with brooms. And with a much larger puck. And a smaller rink), I guess this doesn't really affect me too much.

    But I'd still like to see Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow tied to a Zamboni and submerged off the coast of Nova Scotia. Talk about improved TV ratings!!

     
  • At 9/07/2005 8:10 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    What did roller derby ever do to you?

     
  • At 12/26/2005 12:17 PM, Anonymous Wilbur Crecelius said…

    This is very informative. I hope to see more in the near future

     

Post a Comment

<< Home