wine by the color

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

You know when you go to a restaurant and the menu features great-looking pictures of the food (particularly at places like Denny’s) and then the eats come and they look nothing like the photos? Well, last night I went to a Mexican restaurant with a co-worker, and it must be said that the food did not photograph well. I wasn’t going to say anything but I saw my friend looking at the menu strangely, so I commented, “That doesn’t look very good, does it.” The meat had a strange gray tint. The beans looked, well, not good. Think diapers. Think dirty diapers.

But when the food came and it looked fine and tasted better. So much for advertising.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/13/2005 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mom avoids any restaurant that has pictures on the menu, for that very reason.

    I remember some of the diners in NJ...they'd have these gorgeous pictures of food that looked NOTHING like what you got.

     
  • At 9/14/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    I had a professor in college that refused to eat anywhere with pictures on the menu, because of that reason and that he would be the type of person to debate that he only got 20 fries and that the picture showed 30 fries, etc.

    Glad you didn't eat dirty diapers for dinner last night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home