wine by the color

Friday, November 11, 2005

Did anyone else catch Ponyboy on ER last night (is anyone even watching ER anymore)? I saw it today and was fired up to see him in the opening scene. A short while later, I realized he was playing a child-molesting kidnapper. That didn't necessarily ruin the appearance but it did make me think that it's been a long time since his heroic running-into-the-burning-church role of 22 years ago.

I went to IMDB to determine my favorite CTH movie and came across this interesting fact: he was nearly cast as Marty McFly in Back to the Future. The role was given to Eric Stoltz (who was later fired in the middle of filming) and then finally, Michael J. Fox.

After some more digging, I discovered C. Thomas Howell has a blog! Apparently he's even less consistent with the blogging than me as he has not posted since July. I may have to send him a quick note to encourage him to be more literarily prolific.

And a final note (have I actually written four paragraphs about C. Thomas Howell?), he is apparently in the remake of The Poseidon Adventure. Does Joe Pendleton know they remade The Poseidon Adventure? I can't imagine he's aware of it because there would no doubt have been some glorious ranting about it.

Oh, and my favorite CTH movie? I'm going to have to go with The Outsiders. I mean, I can sing "Stay Gold" by memory. But Red Dawn is a very close second.

7 Comments:

  • At 11/12/2005 1:38 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Yeah, Red Dawn, definitely. I mean anything that features Lea Thompson blasting the shit out of Russian soldiers (or were they Cuban?) with submachine gun has my vote.
    Plus, in my version, there was some hot girl-on-girl action in one of those foxholes with Jen Grey. I bet Lea could put Baby in a corner

     
  • At 11/13/2005 7:59 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    What, no Soul Man?

     
  • At 11/14/2005 3:15 AM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    After remakes of Wonka and Bad News Bears this year, the Poseidon remake was expected.

    I will wait until I find out who's been cast in the Red Button's character before I weigh in. My only hope is they bring Pamela Sue Martin back for a cameo.

    As for Red Dawn, I have to say that is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It is laughable. I actually saw that in the movies when it came out and demanded a refund. Besides Powers Booth, I wanted the ruskies to get everyone else.

    That's probably the only C. Thomas Howell movie I've even seen besides, of course, ET.

     
  • At 11/15/2005 1:22 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    You never saw the Outsiders? What in the hell is wrong with you?

    And I am a fan of Soul Man. It's just a distant third. Back there with Side Out.

    I get the feeling the Poseidon remake was a TV movie. There is a disturbing lack of familiar character names in the cast list, which makes me think they really screwed with the movie.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419358/

     
  • At 11/15/2005 4:13 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    I refuse to see any movie featuring Leif Garrett.

     
  • At 11/15/2005 4:40 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Whereas I will ONLY view movies with Leif Garrett.

     
  • At 11/17/2005 9:15 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    If you haven't seen the Leif Garrett "Behind the Music," you are truly missing out. Highest of high comedy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home