wine by the color

Monday, November 07, 2005


















This has not been my best year as an NFL fan.

Cleveland, with three wins, has as many victories as the Packers (1) and Jets (2) combined. I wouldn't have imagined that at the start of the season.

As a sidebar, let me mention that ESPN Classic aired the 1987 AFC Championship game Saturday afternoon. Better known as "The Fumble" game. Fortunately, I was driving into the city to see The Colonel's latest play so I was spared from the temptation to watch it. Maybe next week they can show the '86 AFC Championship game and really send Browns fans everywhere into a debilitating funk.

Ok, back to yesterday. Thankfully, I had several cocktails before the Jets game, which helped dull the pain of a terrible, ugly loss. Quite frankly, if your football team can't punch it in the g-d end zone on a first and goal from the three-yard line, it just doesn't deserve to win. This is why it’s critical to have fun at the tailgate. Otherwise going to these games might lose some of the appeal.

At least the Jets covered the spread. And it was a beautiful day. It's not often you get a sunburn at a November game, but that's what happened yesterday, thanks to the 71-degree, bright sunny day.

Sorry to be brief today but this is my only day in the office this week and I've got a pile of things to do after being gone for two weeks. Tomorrow I head to Oregon for meetings, which my system is going to love since it spent the weekend struggling to get back on East coast time. Then it's off to Columbus to see the Buckeyes' home finale, then back to NJ to catch Springsteen in Atlantic City.

I'm going to need a vacation after all that. Oh wait, I just had one. Which reminds me that I have yet to summarize the Hawaii trip, but I hope to do so while traveling to PDX. Because I know you're all dying to know what a good time we had.

And speaking of the trip, I'm 91% certain my nose is broken and will have to be re-broken when I get home next week so it can be set properly. While at the game yesterday, I was so bored that I started messing with the bridge of my nose and realized things are crackling around in there. It doesn't sound good, and it doesn't feel good. But I'll deal with that next week. And that should be good times.

5 Comments:

  • At 11/07/2005 3:01 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    Brett Favre can not end his career like this. There is no way the State of Wisconsin will let this happen. You thought the riots in France were bad...

     
  • At 11/07/2005 4:04 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I knew they weren't going to be a great team, but I never would have expected 1-7. He cannot be enjoying himself.

    I could make some really snotty anti-French remarks here, but I'll let it go.

     
  • At 11/07/2005 6:02 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Don't knock the french. They make wine.

    Ugh, your nose. Just be careful during your travels, okay?

     
  • At 11/08/2005 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crackling? CRACKLING? Aargh. My sympathies.

    Cristiane

     
  • At 11/09/2005 12:19 PM, Blogger frank said…

    it's very possible brett favre is the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. someone needs to teach him about the not throwing the ball when past the line of scrimmage rule.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home