wine by the color

Monday, November 28, 2005

Today, I visited an otolaryngologist for the first time. That’s a face, nose and throat doctor and yes, I had to look it up to spell it correctly. My nose is still sore from the Hawaiian episode, so I decided to have it checked. It was a good news, bad news sort of visit. The good news is that my nose is not broken and thus does not need to be re-broken in order to reset it. The bad news is that I apparently have a deviated septum that should be fixed. Seriously, if it’s not one thing with me, it’s another. But I’m considering it, mainly because it would reduce or possibly eliminate the severe sinus infections I suffer annually.

Because this was my initial visit to the otolaryngologist, I had to complete five pages of medical history forms. It was all fairly standard, but where you detail past maladies, there was a section for ‘Mental Troubles.’ That struck me as simultaneously humorously and poorly worded.

4 Comments:

  • At 11/29/2005 12:19 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    Wow, I'm surprised it didn't just read, "This section is for The Crazies."

     
  • At 11/29/2005 1:01 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I'm glad your nose isn't broken. Deviated septum, though? Damn. The surgery is worth considering, though.

     
  • At 11/30/2005 10:04 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Mental troubles really covers a wide range of possibilities. For instance, I'm awful at math. Is that a mental trouble?

     
  • At 11/30/2005 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a deviated septum as well. I did the surgery. At first, I thought I had done the wrong thing. It took a few weeks for me to notice a difference. I used to have at least 7 sinus infections in a year. Now after surgery, I have had one in almost two years.

    Kim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home