wine by the color

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

After a rare run of 63 consecutive days at home, I hit the road again today. Let's hope today is not a harbinger of what 2006 will bring in terms of travel adventures.

It was by no means my worst-ever day on the road, but I could have done without the 4 a.m. wake-up call, my storm door being frozen shut when I tried to head outside at 5:30 a.m., and the 2.5-hour wait on the tarmac at EWR that caused me to be considerably late to a meeting (which was the sole reason I took the early flight). Oh, and then a late-day nosebleed. Good times.

Outside of that, I guess everything went fine.

But I'm now in sunny Florida, which will serve as my home base until next Monday. Strangely, my brother is also in town on business so we'll be hanging out during the week. Then Tege flies in from Oregon so we'll join forces this weekend, and KJ coincidentally arrives with her family on Sunday, so we may hit Disney on Monday.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't expect a lot from me the next few days. Unless Brett Favre announces his intentions, which I don't expect to happen for a while, WBTC might be on hiatus until next week.

Unless someone amuses or irritates me, in which case I'll check in immediately.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/25/2006 2:13 AM, Blogger frank said…

    maybe you should find out the reason for why your flight was delayed, then have that person fired. or shot. whatever you see fit. see what i did there?

     
  • At 1/25/2006 7:33 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Yes, you missed a golden opportunity to suggest I shoot myself, since I had only myself to blame for the nosebleed.

    You're slipping, Lozo.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    My flight out of Florida yesterday was delayed because of the delays at Newark. Apparently there was a lot of de-icing that needed to be done. I only had to wait about an hour and a half, though.

    Hope your week improves.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home