wine by the color

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A few random things...

-Leif Garrett was arrested in a Los Angeles subway. Honestly, the most shocking part of that story is that there's a subway in L.A. I had no idea.

-There is nothing I enjoy more than a well-written lede, and this is one of the best I've read in a while. Could you imagine having Michael Jackson's resume hit your desk? Particularly if it's accompanied by the photo they've used with the story?

-A Pittsburgh man suffered a heart attack (second link has amusing video of those at the scene) at the end of the Colts-Steelers game Sunday. I almost had a heart attack, and I don't even root for either of those teams. What a crazy game.

I was going to write about Peyton Manning and the heart he (finally) showed in waving the punting unit off the field and going for it on that fourth down late in the third quarter. But then I heard him throw his offensive line under the bus, and that was the end of that. If you're going to rip somebody, go after your idiot kicker again. Don't rip the guys who protect your ass (even if they didn't necessarily do such a great job of it).

-The Browns fan who ran onto the field during the home team's oh-so-close 41-0 loss to the Steelers has been sentenced to spend the Super Bowl weekend in jail. So he can't watch the Super Bowl? This is punishment? Considering how close the Steelers are to getting to the Super Bowl, it might be the best thing that could happen to him.

-And finally, one of the junk mails I received recently had the following subject line: "Cupid's Coming - Replica Rolexes."

Because nothing says "Honey, I love you" quite like a fake timepiece.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/18/2006 4:28 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    I wish I could spend Super Bowl weekend in jail.

    Hey, I see you were checking out real estate in the city, are you moving.

    And what is Clydz by the way? Also, what is the movies? I'm so out of it.

     
  • At 1/19/2006 4:27 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Any move to the city would require a mass influx of financing. I was helping my friend house shop. If I move, it will be to Monmouth County.

    Clydz is a splendid martini bar in the Hub City. http://clydz.com/home.htm

    And 'movies' are videos shown in a cinema house. Or, for me, typically a nine-dollar nap.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home