wine by the color

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A few recent news items that caught my attention...

It's looking more and more likely that Herm will be coaching in Kansas City next year. Not a huge shocker, but I'm still on the fence as to how I feel about that. I think he's an awful game coach, but I find him to be likeable and entertaining, particularly in press conferences when things aren't going well. He's a bit of an unpredictable wing nut, and that amuses me.

Anyway, former New Orleans coach Jim Haslett is apparently the front-runner to replace Herm, which I have no strong feelings about either way. I heard a horribly disturbing rumor yesterday that ousted Rams coach Mike Martz was on the short list, which led to some ranting from yours truly but turned out to be complete misinformation.

In other NFL news, Clinton Portis' mother slugged someone in the stands during the Redskins' win over the Eagles Sunday. Classic in itself, but kicked up a notch thanks to this quote from Portis:

"She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with her," Portis said.

Outstanding. Next...

I'm glad I caught this episode of South Park the first time, since it seems it won't be re-aired again any time soon. Although I raised my eyebrows a few times while watching it, it didn't come close to the most stunning South Park episode I've ever seen - The Death Camp of Tolerance, featuring Lemmiwinks and Mr. Slave. That's when I became convinced that Trey and Matt were tired of doing the show and were just going to push the envelope until they got kicked off the air. Which hasn't happened yet.

And finally, in musical news, Dave Matthews Band is headlining some sort of fan cruise. I didn't get a ton of sleep last night, which must explain why I'm having trouble formulating the snide remark I want to make about this.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/05/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I'm sure your as-yet-unformulated snide remark includes the fact that their bus released a tank of shit onto a tourist boat last year. Ew.

    Could you imagine being trapped on a boat with Dave Matthews? All that JAMMING. I think I'd cut off my own head. Yipes.

     
  • At 1/05/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    I wonder if the Minnesota Vikings will be joining Mr Matthews and friends for their little boat ride.

     
  • At 1/06/2006 9:11 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Yes, these are exactly the sort of snarky remarks I should have made!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home