wine by the color

Friday, January 13, 2006

The Good Doctor and I saw "Syriana" last night. It was good, but somewhat confusing. To our surprise, there was no napping for yours truly. I dozed off, albeit briefly, during "Wedding Crashers" so you could have bet the bank that a serious flick like "Syriana" would have sent me to slumber. But no. So that's three movies in a row, no sleeping. I'm going to have to check my archives, but I'm pretty sure that's a record.

We hit the Hub City after the movie for a bite to eat at Rafferty's before moving onto Clydz, where we ran into Bluebunny, a lovely surprise. I offered my sympathies for the piss-poor Giants' playoff effort. She was traveling home from Venice and fortunately missed the debacle.

Speaking of the NFL, the Packers have a new head coach, who can be seen here kissing Brett Favre. I'm not quite sure the context of this, so I'll let it go. If anyone feels like photo-shopping my face into that slot, feel free. Strangely, this article is not about McCarthy's hiring, but instead about someone using Favre's credit card.

At age 42, McCarthy is currently the youngest head coach in the NFL. That may be short-lived, however, as the man the Jets want to hire for their coaching opening is younger than that. In fact, he's younger than me. That stings a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home