wine by the color

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Three things seen while driving 433 miles around the state of Florida today...

1. While waiting at a traffic light shortly after leaving the hotel, I watched the woman in the car in front of me step out of her vehicle to remove something from her windshield. She was wearing a t-shirt and underpants. And nothing else.

2. While driving on I-95, I saw an elderly man sitting on a kitchen chair on the side of the road, surrounded by what seemed to be a considerable number of his possessions. (This distressed me a bit, but fortunately a state trooper pulled up just as I was driving by.)

3. A huge billboard on the Florida turnpike which read: "Season's Greetings from Rutgers Football."

3 Comments:

  • At 1/26/2006 7:22 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    What else was on that billboard? And I'm hoping you encounter many shills, yahoos and vagabonds, so that I may get my daily dose of WBTC.

     
  • At 1/26/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    Nice to see Schiano is spending our tax dollars wisely.

    I'm surprised it didn't say
    "Insight Bowl runners-up" on it.

     
  • At 1/29/2006 10:21 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Sorry for my extended absence. I've been working way too hard the past few days.

    LS: I would hardly call yours a dreary existence. I'd revel in the opportunity to enjoy shtick with you on a daily basis in person.

    Toclcl: Since I was driving 92 MPH when I encountered said sign, all I noticed was the text accompanied by the team photo. No supplemental shots of the Hub City were provided. Which probably explains why Schiano continues to pull in Florida recruits.

    JP: I expect there will be an addition made to the billboard any day now...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home