wine by the color

Tuesday, March 07, 2006






























Every time I try to focus on writing about the cruise, something distracts me. Today, it's a whopper of a cover story from this week's Sports Illustrated, an excerpt of an upcoming book that apparently provides all sorts of solid evidence to prove that Barry Bonds did use steroids. This is by no means a shocker, but I am looking forward to reading the details. I've never been one of the six members of the Barry Bonds Fan Club, but he really lost me last year when he tried to play the martyr card.

"You wanted to bring me down," he said. "You've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. So now go pick a different person. I'm done. I'm tired of my kids crying. You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally jumped."

I particularly enjoyed the columnist's response to that...

Bonds brought this all on himself. Because of his arrogance and the way he's frequently treated people, the media notwithstanding, there's little chance he'll receive leniency from authorities.

I wonder how the Evil Empire will play this. It's a huge story and it would be ridiculous for them to ignore it, even though Bonds is ESPN's new reality star. I also wonder how they'll manage to spin it to make it look like they broke the story, since they're incapable of ever giving anyone else credit.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/08/2006 11:02 AM, Blogger Megan said…

    An instant smile was put on my face when I clicked on your site today. Perfection.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home