wine by the color

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A few random things before I review the trip...

Registration has opened for Bike NY, which will be held May 7. If anyone is interested, let me know. It is a great time, even if it's raining, windy and cold, as Freakgirl and I discovered last year.

While watching CSI on Spike last night, I saw a commercial for a new show called Pros vs. Joes, which is described as "regular guys taking on the world's best athletes in a variety of sports challenges and competitions." One of the Pros is Jerry Rice. First the dancing, now this. Did that cat not save ANY of the money he earned during his 20 years in the NFL?

I want to discuss Vince Young's rumored 6 on the Wonderlic test, but it seems too easy. So I'll only point out that the story I linked to quotes someone named Jeep Chryst. Perhaps my brother and sister-in-law can add Jeep to their list of names for their unborn child. The crazy nephews have already offered Dash as their choice, so why not Jeep?

Today marks the start of Lent and although I'm neither Catholic nor overly religious, I usually observe the Lenten season practice of abstaining from something I enjoy. This year, I entertained thoughts of giving up alcohol, but there are too many events on the social calendar in the next 40 days (St. Patty's Day parade in Belmar, me and KJ's Big East Tourney Day, five days in England, Kathy's annual NCAA Extravaganza, my birthday and Mets opening day) to make that a reality. Maybe I could give just give up red wine and drink beer instead.

Hmm. I'll have to get back to you on that.

7 Comments:

  • At 3/01/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    You're going to be an aunt again? Did I know this?

    Either way, congratulations to the happy family!

    p.s. I vote for "Dash"

     
  • At 3/01/2006 7:42 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    This just in....Jerry Rice spotted in line for food stamps in downtown New Brunswick.

    No truth to the rumor that Ol' Dirty Bastard's ghost was there as well.

     
  • At 3/02/2006 5:12 AM, Blogger Marjon said…

    I really really would like to do Bike NY! But I really really can't afford to fly to the US this year. Bleh!

     
  • At 3/02/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    FG: I am; they are due in August. The boys have picked Dash if it's a boy and Violet if it's a girl. They are still rather obsessed with "The Incredibles."

    Marjon, then we will shoot for 2007! :)

     
  • At 3/03/2006 12:06 AM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    JG: I could be in for bike New York. What do I have to do to sign up?

     
  • At 3/06/2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    Just passing by, nice blog.
    I hear you about the alcohol I was thinking the exact same thing until I realized it was st. patrick's month :)

     
  • At 8/26/2006 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was googling and found reference to my cousin Jeep Chryst. His actual initials are G.P., thus the childhood nickname "jeep". Mystery solved! Not such a bad name - I also have cousins named Chevy and Colt.
    Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home