wine by the color

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spring has finally arrived and it is ridiculously nice in central Jersey, which makes me doubly glad I took tomorrow off to play golf. And I picked my bike up from its spring tune-up yesterday, so that should get a nice workout as well this weekend. It's only three weeks until Bike NY, so I should probably start "training" or something.

So yes, I've definitely come around from last season's "The Mets are dead to me" stance. They have a really nice team with some exciting players, and they're off to a great start. But things like this make me extremely nervous.

Tell me this isn’t the team that’s finally going to break Atlanta’s 14-season stranglehold on the NL East.

I don’t think you can.

6 Comments:

  • At 4/14/2006 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back :)

     
  • At 4/14/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Oh, sure, now you you return to the fold of the orange and blue. Sorry, Honey, it's not that easy. You must first do your penance for abandoning the team.
    I think five "Meet the Mets" and four "Hail Omars" should do it.

     
  • At 4/14/2006 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe a few "F the Yanks" can be substituted for a "Meet the Mets" or "Hail Omar" chant. Nice to have you back on board.

     
  • At 4/14/2006 4:42 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    BSG: I say that frequently no matter what my feelings are toward the Mets.

    Sandman: All taken care of. I even threw in a few "You Gotta Believes."

     
  • At 4/17/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    First of all, Czelzic is a shill.

    Second of all, I'll reserve judgment until after Memorial Day weekend to see where this team is really going.

    Third of all, as a lifelong Met fan, I'm extremely pessimistic, so take everything i say with a grain of salf.

     
  • At 4/17/2006 12:19 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    As someone who roots for the Mets, Jets and Browns, I've got that same inherently pessimistic nature, so I completely understand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home