wine by the color

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I don’t read the NY Post often but I picked it up Sunday. Apparently the Post runs a matchmaking service of sorts, fixing up lonely hearts. Each week, the candidate is given three potential dates. While readers can vote online, I believe the subject makes the final decision on who he/she goes out with. They enjoy a Post-sponsored social outing and the following week the paper recaps their date.

This week's candidate is Christina, a 29-year-old mechanical engineer who describes herself as fun and "frickin' hot in bed," and admits she's not averse to casual sex. Subtle. She also professes to be anti-metrosexual, as she's "not into anyone who takes more time getting ready than I do."

So who did they find for Christina?

Meet Seth. Seth is a 27-year-old composer and pianist. Let's see what Seth has to say for himself...

How would you describe yourself? Intelligent, witty, crazy, neurotic, obsessive, hilarious and cute.
Turn-ons: Intelligence, talent, passion, knowledge of musical theater and a sense of humor.
Turn-offs: Fat, ugliness, stupidity, laziness, sports and conservativeness.

What's sexy: Physically, I like pretty, petite and thin girls with nice cleavage and long hair.
What's the first drink you'll order when you go to a bar? Water - I don't spend money on drinks.
What animal do you most resemble and why? I resemble my cat - I'm nocturnal, curious, independent, anarchistic, smart and needy.
What makes you a good catch? I will hopefully write a musical that goes to Broadway in the next decade.


Huh. I can't imagine why Seth is having a hard time finding a date. Or why BAM insists there are no dateable men in the world.

Seth has actually received 21 percent of the vote. And before you ask, of COURSE I voted for him. If I were Christina, I'd go out with him purely because I know it would give me shtick for years to come. Especially if I were paying for my own drinks.

6 Comments:

  • At 5/10/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Methinks the reason Seth might have such vitriol towards women is because he shouldn't be dating them, if you get my drift. AND I THINK YOU DO.

    His picture is awesome, though.

     
  • At 5/10/2006 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy shit! I KNOW him! And he is indeed the gayest straight man I've ever met. The usual reaction when one is told that he's straight is "You have GOT to be kidding."

    Cristiane

     
  • At 5/10/2006 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To add - that is actually a terrible picture of him - not that he's exactly a Clooney either.

    Cristiane

     
  • At 5/10/2006 9:07 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    Shouldn't Seth's bio be listed in the "Village Voice" dating search? Frissssssssco!!!!

     
  • At 5/11/2006 6:59 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Cristiane: You know him??? That's fantastic! "Gayest straight man." I think that sums it up nicely.

     
  • At 5/11/2006 12:58 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    I must disagree. My friend, Levi, is by far the gayest straight man around.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home