wine by the color

Monday, May 22, 2006

Skipping Saturday for a bit, because it will take a while to sort through the circus that was that day, let's move ahead to Sunday. I peeled myself out of bed after a little too much wine Saturday evening (which I had more than earned) and headed to Pansy Park to play softball with Simeon, Local Shill and others Sunday morning. The turnout was low but we still managed to put together a game. I love softball. It's one of those things that almost anyone can do. And although I hadn't played in almost two years, I was able to field and hit without embarrassing or injuring myself. Good times.

A few things from the news...

Today should be an interesting day in the Kansas City Royals' locker room.

This is included in a gallery of the best sports photos of the past week. I know there is always debate about what is and is not a sport - things like golf, auto racing, etc. Is showing your ta-tas a sport?

Speaking of the best sports photo gallery, this was another selection. I'm sure someone could come up with a better caption than "Barry Bonds (25) and Athletics shortstop Bobby Crosby (7) acknowledge each other during interleague play in Oakland, Calif." Anyone?

Given the chance, I'm not sure what one thing I'd like to change, but I can assure you it wouldn't be the keyboard. I can type 80+ words a minute with my eyes closed. I certainly don't want to have to relearn that.

And finally, my friend David sent me the following link this morning, under the subject heading, "I miss New Jersey." His message read: "We just don't have this sort of thing in England."

Hey, what can I say. Jersey represent.

7 Comments:

  • At 5/22/2006 1:02 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Stern was wondering this morning if McGreevey ever used the rest stop named after Howard for any trysts.

    Also, when you say, "almost anyone" can play softball, you have very obviously never seen me play. :)

     
  • At 5/22/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    That would be PALSY Park!

     
  • At 5/22/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    I think Bonds and Crosby are showing each other where they shoot up.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    Sorry, I missed the softball tilt yesterday. I barely got out of the rack at 11 a.m.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 5:55 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I've seen you twirl a rifle. Softball is much easier.

    PALSY, PANSY. You could see how I made the error, no?

     
  • At 5/22/2006 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Possible caption: "So, uh, Bobby ... Meet me at Pansy Park later tonight, if you know what I mean."

     
  • At 5/25/2006 11:36 PM, Blogger Tommyjoebillyjimbob said…

    So, freakgirl, are we to assume that you are a "La la la la lesbian, la la la la lesbian. The girl next door is now the girl I'm after!!!" (Stern show)?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home