wine by the color

Monday, June 19, 2006

Regular readers of Wine by the Color might remember my trip to Seattle a few months ago, during which I accidentally stopped for gas in the hood.

Well, guess who unknowingly booked a hotel room in the exact same neighborhood.

Live and learn.

This was my last weekend in New Jersey until mid-July, and I made the most of it, with a full slate of activities. Saw two movies, had the crazy nephews sleep over, had dinner with my old roommate, helped my brother with yard work, took some bike rides, played softball and golf.

There were no injuries during softball. I gave up my usual 18 runs. Unfortunately, the Sandman, after giving up an average of 25 runs the two previous weeks, gave up three. Three runs in slow-pitch softball. I didn't know that was possible.

Late yesterday afternoon, we were all in my brother's pool, and as I got out of the water to perform tricks on command off the diving board for the crazy nephews, a small plastic step gave way and broke in half. This led to a proclamation that I was going on a hunger strike. My brother insisted that the step was already broken, but that didn't assuage me. Also not helping was the memory of the last time the step was broken, by one of our distant cousins, who at the time weighed at least 325 pounds.

I hope everyone else enjoyed their Father's Day. In addition to the swimming and my brother standing over a smoking grill as temperatures soared into the 90s, we watched a whole lot of golf. I don't know if anyone else has seen the new Nike/Tiger commercial, but it is really good.

Someone recently found my blog by doing a google search for: "can you take boxed wine on Royal Caribbean cruises."

People, there is only one destination appropriate for boxed wine, and that's Jets tailgates. And that's only if the liquor store has run out of jug wine.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/23/2006 3:26 AM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    What the hell does assuage mean?

     
  • At 6/24/2006 5:08 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    For those not using the King's English, it means "calm me the hell down."

     
  • At 10/13/2006 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oddly enough, I think I just found the answer to that question about boxed wine on cruise ships. Very weird. It's at
    http://www.cruisetalk.org/2006/07/fine-wine-alternative-packaging.html

    Fly by Night
    http://boxedwinespot.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home