wine by the color

Friday, June 02, 2006

This has been a busy, crappy week. My two college roommates were in AC last night and I've been so swamped that I couldn't get down there to carouse with them. Not good times.

A few completely random things...

What's a good time to move into a new home? Is it 12:30 a.m.? Is that when the kids do their moving these days? Apparently, it is if you're moving next door to me. Then, a day later, it's a fine hour at which to accidentally drive your car over the curb and onto the sidewalk, making it look like someone was driving into my building and thus scaring the absolute hell out of me.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Speaking of moving, I saw a house advertised in the local paper yesterday. Cute house, nice neighborhood, surprisingly reasonable price. So I went to the online listing, and it's listed at $100,000 more than it was in the paper.

I have a MySpace account for one reason - to communicate with The Colonel, who only e-mails through MySpace. Today, I received an e-mail with the following subject: "Melissa with a big butt would like to be your friend."

I bet she would.

When I saw this headline, I so hoped it was referring to Crispin Glover. There's just not enough Crispin Glover news in the world. But no such luck. It's just not as interesting when it's Danny Glover.

You when I'll be encouraged by Chad Pennington's progress? When the season is over and he has played in all the games.

The Good Doctor has two great job offers. The closest of which is 330 miles away.

Everyone's all fired up about the NJ girl who won the National Spelling Bee. Quite frankly, I could give a crap if a 13-year-old can spell ursprache. I'd rather watch a grammatical contest for adults, to see how many of them can properly differentiate between its and it's. Based on some things I've seen this week, that number is distressingly low.

Finally, I try to steer clear of discussing my work life, lest someone from the office stumble across my blog and find I'm bashing colleagues or complaining about the job. I could talk about the call I got yesterday from someone who wanted to know if he was allowed to picket our office, but I won't.

I will, however, say this ... Monday promises to be one of the craziest days of my professional career. I will be helping supervise what will surely be a circus on a NJ golf course, monitoring media and spectators as a teenage girl tries to make history. I have no idea what's going to happen but I can guarantee you this - my day will end with wine. And lots of it.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home