wine by the color

Saturday, June 24, 2006

What the hell day is it?

Seriously, I'm not sure. When you work weekends, as I'm now doing, you lose track of the days pretty quickly. It's been a whopper of a week. Within a 40-hour period this week, I was in five different states. At 4 p.m. on Tuesday, I was less than 30 minutes from the Pacific Ocean. Twelve hours later I was within spitting distance of the Atlantic.

The next few weeks are going to be like this, so you'll have to bear with me. I will not sleep in my bed again until July 16th. When I checked into the hotel the other day, the woman at the desk gave me a funny look and said, "You're with us for ... 11 nights?" Yep, that's right. I'm currently in Rhode Island, which would be lovely except for the nonstop rain.

I don't have much shtick to share, because I've been buried by work. What's going on in the entertainment world? I haven't even ...

HOLY CRAP. Aaron Spelling died? How terribly sad. I wish I had time to discuss the influence this man had on my life, but I don't. And that's also sad. He deserves better, for all the joy he gave me. I'll try to find time to fix that.

And Jon Benet Ramsey's mother died? And the son of the old guy Anna Nicole Smith was married to? Stop dying, people! I don't have time to keep up with this sort of news right now.

A few things...

-During my flight from SEA to EWR, I had the pleasure of sitting next to a woman who was not only of a sizable heft, she was wrapped in a sari, which continually wound up wrapped around my left arm. I'm trying to be a nicer person, dammit, but things like this test me.

-Is anyone surprised the USA sucked it up at the World Cup? We are simply not a soccer nation. But if they ever hold a World Football Cup (and by that I mean FOOTBALL, not soccer, as the rest of the world calls it), watch out!

-The Knicks fired Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas is going to take over coaching duties? I'm sure that's going to work out well, considering what a splendid job Thomas has done as GM.

-Damn, the Mets look good. And not just because I could watch David Wright run the bases in his baseball pants for hours on end.

-And finally, how Jersey are you?

Although I was no doubt hurt by my ability to pump gas, I still checked in at 96% Jersey.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/25/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Im 96% Jersey, too... I guess it is my ability to pump my own gas that has also lowered my score. That, and I've never been to Midgetville

     
  • At 6/26/2006 12:24 AM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    I came in at 86% which I don't understand. It's probably because I've never bought pyrontechnics in Pa and I answered C to the action park question.

     
  • At 6/26/2006 7:40 PM, Blogger Bich said…

    I'm 69% Jersey. That is simultaneously cool and sad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home