wine by the color

Thursday, June 08, 2006

While searching for a friend's wedding information on The Knot, I saw someone with the same last name whose wedding is scheduled for June 18. Of 2010.

Isn't that four years away? Does that not seem like an absurdly long lead time?

People retain all sorts of superfluous information. Case in point, I can remember the following:

First songs I remember hearing on the radio: Captain and Tennille, "Love Will Keep Us Together" and Pink Floyd, "Another Brick in the Wall, Part II"
First album I bought: Kinks, One for the Road
First tape I bought: Asia, Asia
First CDs I bought: Eric Clapton, Time Pieces; Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon; Bob Marley, Legend

And now, I can add another musical first, the first song I downloaded via the internet: Damien Rice, "The Blower’s Daughter." I still don't have an iPod (although it's under consideration with the Casa Magnolia Capital Expenditures Committee). But Continental has a promotion whereby every time you book a ticket online, you get five free song downloads from iTunes. Good times.

And finally…

"That’s not funny at all."

No, Elizabeth. No it’s not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home