wine by the color

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Five hours of flying and five hours of driving later, and I'm at what will be my home for the week – southern Oregon, along the coast. Very beautiful. Worth the effort of getting here. It's also 30 degrees cooler here than at home, which is quite nice. I am wearing a sweatshirt, and I'm a bit chilly. Much different than the ongoing 2006 NJ Humidity Festival.

I crammed a slew of activities into my eight days in New Jersey, culminating in a guest-speaker appearance at the Professor's class Monday night. After imparting our questionable wisdom on his students, we hit a Hub City institution. We had a lot catching up to do, starting with the party he and the Mrs. threw Memorial Day weekend. I was unfortunately unable to attend but apparently his behavior was so unruly that he sent out e-mails of apology to various partygoers the following day.

So he was telling me about some of his party antics, and after reviewing some of the high (low?) points of his performance, he wrapped up with: "Well, at least I didn't take my pants off. I finally seem to be past that."

It's a sad day, when a man gets into his 30s and no longer feels an appropriate way to celebrate drunken times is by removing his slacks.

4 Comments:

  • At 7/26/2006 8:28 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I love that you use the word "slacks."

     
  • At 7/26/2006 10:27 PM, Blogger Bich said…

    The fact that Stuff Yer Face is a viable business in New Jersey makes me feel better about leaving the state.

     
  • At 7/27/2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    Nothing like a Corbett boli from SYF.

    Are we doing anything for Stuff Yer Face's 30th bday next year?

    Does wood and tin even get excited for a surprise party?

     
  • At 7/28/2006 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why the continued negativity Clark?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home