wine by the color

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

If you find yourself sitting in a window seat on your next flight, please be 100% certain you can successfully step over the person sitting in the aisle seat without waking them.

Because it’s quite possible that the slumbering soul is in a coma-like state thanks to 12 extremely long days, which usually started with a 4:45 a.m. wake-up call and lights-out at midnight. She may have also had a few glasses of wine during the flight, which departed almost three hours later than it was slated to.

While the intent – to not wake me – was considerate, I’d much rather have had the gentleman in seat 4A en route from EWR to PDX tap me on the arm to alert me to his impending visit to the restroom than to have him trip over my feet and slam into my lap when he was not able to successfully negotiate the step-over.

I have a bevy of things to report, and as soon as the power cord for my laptop makes its way to Oregon, I won’t have to worry about using vital battery power and can catch up on the last two weeks.

4 Comments:

  • At 7/05/2006 6:39 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    You mean that operation you work for doesn't fly you first class?

    What the hell?

     
  • At 7/06/2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Murph said…

    Recent studies have shown that, while drinking alcohol may help you get to sleep faster, it actually hinders your ability to reach and maintain prolonged periods of deep REM; therefore diminishing the recooperative effects of the sleep and causing you to be awakened more easily. Plus wine makes my tummy hurt.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 6:25 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I miss you, jersey girl!

     
  • At 7/09/2006 1:00 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    JP: Oh no, I was flying first class. Which made the faux pas all the more unforgivable.

    Murph: Welcome. But are you lecturing me?

    Freakgirl: Me too, my friend. Me too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home