wine by the color

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Day 6 of Glasses Gate...

Apparently, the Springsteens have had quite enough of the speculation about the state of their union, so yesterday Bruce put an announcement on his web site to put a stop to it. I'm quite happy that Bruce and his Jersey Girl aren't splitting up, not that it's any of my business. I will say that I can't imagine having the kind of fame where you have to deal with this sort of thing. I would not enjoy that. Outside of Paris Hilton, I don't know who would.

What does amuse me about this is the reactions of fans on various Springsteen forums. People are so belligerently angry at the NY Post and Page Six for starting the whole mess that they are organizing boycotts and angry-letter writing campaigns. People. This is what the NY Post does. It's their bread and butter. Facts be damned.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/29/2006 5:52 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    One must surrender to the NY Post and sit back and enjoy the ride. It's really the only way.

    I lost my glasses once and people on my blog told me to ask the universe for them back. After my eyes stopped rolling, I did. And then I decided to look in my car, in the space between the passenger seat and the door. And there they were.

     
  • At 8/29/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Given that a few of my peeps work at the Daily News, I'm obligated to scoff at the ridiculousness of the Post. But yes, enjoy it for what it is.

    Once MY eyes stop rolling, I'll contact the universe. I've already looked between the door and the passenger seat 73 times.

     
  • At 8/30/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Check under the couch.

    - The Universe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home