wine by the color

Wednesday, August 02, 2006














Given the Sandman's reaction to yesterday's post, I know he'll enjoy this one. I visited Crater Lake yesterday, which was formed by the eruption of Mount Mazama some 7,000 years ago. It is the deepest lake in the U.S. And it is absolutely breathtaking. Pictures can't begin to capture how blue the water is.

It is also, to what I'm sure will be the continued dismay of sweltering Jersey-ites, a very comfortable climate. I considered posting a photo with snow on the ground, but thought that might be too much. It was about 60 yesterday. The temperature falls below 40 each evening.

Which should make this afternoon interesting - I'm white-water rafting on the Deschutes River. I stuck my hand in that water yesterday and it is freezing. I'm curious as to how it will feel when my entire body is in it.

5 Comments:

  • At 8/02/2006 5:25 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    I think I may cry.

    I sweat out 20 pounds today while chasing young Jewish kids around the campground.


    Wanna trade?

     
  • At 8/03/2006 12:13 AM, Blogger Brooke said…

    I might orgasm just thinking of that water ...

     
  • At 8/03/2006 12:49 AM, Blogger Bich said…

    Todd, did you just offer frum boys as bait for nice weather?

    Brooke, wow.

    Jersey Girl. I'll be needing some of that water for Brooke.

     
  • At 8/03/2006 12:04 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    There's no water in Virginia, and it's 120 degrees year-round

     
  • At 8/05/2006 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's no water? I'm covering a town where the second word is Beach. I'm pretty sure I'll find a patch of agua.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home