wine by the color

Tuesday, August 01, 2006














So I hear it's hot back home...

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not, of course, sorry to be missing it.

Yesterday in southern Oregon, it was 40 degrees cooler than New Jersey. The wind was whipping along the coast and at times I was almost cold, despite wearing a sweatshirt all day.

But my Jersey brethren probably doesn't want to hear about that.

My tourney ended Sunday night and I have five free days until I have to be in Portland Saturday for another one. So I compiled the following plan for the week: drive and see where the rental car takes me.

Yesterday I drove south along the coast, into California, then across through a redwood forest, then up to Grants Pass, Ore. Today, I'm planning to head to Crater Lake for some hiking and then up to Bend. Maybe do some white-water rafting. Maybe sit on a rock and read.

Basically, do anything that is not work. Tough to accomplish at this time of year, but I'm going to give it a shot.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home