wine by the color

Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm a little burnt out.

Not when it comes to blogging, although I certainly have been lax where that's concerned lately. I'm burnt out in general, and have let a lot of things go. I have so many unanswered e-mails in my inbox that I can barely stand to look at them. I forgot to make my car payment this month and was hit with a late charge for the first time in four years.

And while I really enjoy traveling, I feel like I've been home less than ever this year, and it's made me, well, tired. I feel like I'm always exhausted. I took a vacation day today ... to sleep in.

Totally worth it.

But all this has caused me to ignore a few noteworthy goings-on this week. So let's review...

I'm a whole lot more optimistic about Brett Favre's chances of playing on Dec. 3rd after his week-three performance. Three TD's, including the 400th of his career, in the Packers' first win of the season. If memory serves, they didn't get their first win until game five last season, so that's improvement. And Favre actually seemed to be enjoying the game, instead of looking like he was going through root canal and a prostate exam simultaneously.

And the Jets are 2-1. I'd have all but bet my house that they would have had a losing record for every moment of the season, so this is certainly a pleasant surprise.

As for the NFL, one person who will not be playing, so to speak, come early December is me. I have gotten off to a horrendous start in my football pool, punctuated by last week's 2-12 effort. Until the Saints won Monday night, I had one win. Atrocious. My plan to pick against the Browns, Jets and Packers backfired horrendously. The Jets and Packers won, so I don't mind losing those games. But the Browns managed to pull off my favorite trick - they lost, but didn't cover. Stench.

I'm sure many people were stunned to learn that "Jackass: Number Two" is the number-one movie in the country.

People.

Of COURSE it's number one. It's fucking hysterical, and we are nothing if not blessed with a sense of humor. And a "what will they do next" curiosity. I was laughing so hard at times that I had a coughing fit, and was coughing so hard I feared I'd hurl. Then I worried that people would think I was hurling because I was grossed out. Certainly not the case. Although there is a lot of on-screen vomiting. And some eating/drinking of things that are not meant for consumption.

So for those keeping score at home, the last two movies I've seen in the theater are "Clerks 2" and "Jackass: Number Two." When the co-workers gather at the water cooler to discuss the hot political and "issue" movies, I don't have a whole lot to add. But hey, somebody's got to be the class clown. I'm sorry if they don't want to talk about pubic-hair beards, intimacies with farm animals, A-T-M and a donkey show. They're missing out.

More to come soon about our trip to Columbus. For now, I've got to take advantage of my vacation day by taking another nap.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/29/2006 2:33 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    The whole thing with the pubic hair beard and the cab driver was probably the meanest thing I've ever seen them do on that show. That was psychological warfare on a level of genius that I can one day only hope to achieve.

    Fun Fact: the guy who played the cab driver has a great resume: http://imdb.com/name/nm0151540/

     
  • At 9/29/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said…

    I would definitely enjoy going to work a lot more if we had Kevin Smith to script our banter!

     
  • At 9/29/2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    Today, my company told me that they want me to go to the Oct. 29th Packers vs. Cardinals game on their dime. They didn't tell me what I was limited to (spending wise) so guess who is on the 50th yard line, 12 rows up?

    Oh yeah!

    Our tickets for Dec. 3rd came in this week. eeeek! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home