wine by the color

Thursday, September 07, 2006

She's alive!

I survived yesterday, although it wasn't fun. Five hours of flying, followed by another 145 miles of driving. What can you do. The drive from Phoenix to Flagstaff wasn't too bad, and nothing fires me up like a "Speed Limit: 75" sign.

Unfortunately I'm still sick enough that I had to skip a big social event this evening, one of my favorites of the golf season, because I didn't want to be the pied piper of germs. Instead, I headed back from the course to the hotel for a lonely evening of takeout and television (cue the violin strings). As I drove back, I kept an eye out for somewhere to eat. I was hoping to get a salad, maybe some soup.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but THIS! I almost drove over the curb. Such excitement!

I didn't think I would be enjoying the dazzling culinary delights of BWW until later this month, when my cousin and I travel to Columbus for the OSU-Penn State game. But now, as if the official start of the NFL season isn't enough reason to celebrate tonight, I have football, wings and buffalo chips. Good times. For a few minutes, I was able to completely forget about the bacteria festival in my nose and chest.

Speaking of football, I'm taking a new approach with my pool this season. I've decided to go with a simple three-step plan:
1. Wait until 10 minutes before the deadline to leave as little time as possible for analysis.
2. Pick against the Jets, Packers and Browns, no matter what the spread, eliminating the chance of any emotionally influenced picks.
3. Pick all other games by flipping a coin.

We'll see how that works out.

By the way, it has been 15 days since I lost my glasses. Per Freakgirl's advice, I asked the universe for assistance in getting them back to me.

The universe told me to suck it.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    You must have angered the universe. ;)

    But it did deliver you some buffalo wings, so the universe can't be all that bad.

    Feel better soon!

     
  • At 9/08/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Yes, and fortunately I didn't need to see the wings in order to enjoy them.

     
  • At 9/10/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    All I can picture is you as that lost girl in Adventures in Babysitting. The one who can't see throughout much of the movie because she lost her specs.

    OK....so maybe I am the only one who actually watched that movie and that was a bad reference.

    Please continue on with your day.

    Oh....and Brett Favre sucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home