wine by the color

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

This story about the impending Jayson Williams retrial gave me a bit of a chuckle. Not that the situation is funny, of course. The whole mess is awful, and his ass should already be in jail.

But this line is what made me snicker...

The shooting occurred while Williams was giving friends and family a tour of his Alexandria, Hunterdon County, estate in February 2002.

It's so misleading. It makes it sound like he was walking along, giving a dignified tour of his home's fixtures, furniture and carpeting, when all of a sudden, he turned and blasted someone with a shotgun.

I've given the tour of Casa Magnolia many times and never once felt the urge to shoot someone. Maybe that's because my tour only traverses 1,360 square feet and Williams had 27,000 square feet to cover. That might fray anyone's nerves.

4 Comments:

  • At 10/31/2006 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like an episode of Cribs, gone bad. Really bad.

     
  • At 10/31/2006 10:32 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    There have been visitors to the Westgate Estate I've felt like shooting

     
  • At 11/01/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Sandman, that's okay, as long as it's visitors and not anyone who also lives there.

     
  • At 11/01/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    "I've given the tour of Casa Magnolia many times and never once felt the urge to shoot someone."

    I bet once or twice you felt a little twinge in your trigger finger, though. ;)

    I have jury duty in early spring and I'm convinced I'm going to end up on the Williams retrial.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home