wine by the color

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Our office is closed for the week between Christmas and New Year's for the first time, so I compiled a list of things to tackle during my idle time at home - organizing photos, cleaning out my closet, reorganizing my kitchen, ripping music onto my laptop.

And what has actually been accomplished done today?

12:25 p.m. - Got out of bed.
2:15 p.m. - Went to the grocery store.
5:00 p.m. - Watched highlights of the Packers' 1996 Super Bowl season.
7:30 p.m. - Heated a Lean Cuisine.
8:00 p.m. - Watched the last seven minutes of "Rudy."
8:05 p.m. - Cried.
8:30 p.m. - Read Us Weekly.

Yep. That looks like a productive day.

I will not be commenting on the Jets until Sunday around 6 p.m, so don't try to dragoon me into making comments like, "A Herm-led Jets' squad would have lost Monday night's game against the Dolphins." I will not say anything until Gang Green's playoff fate is confirmed.

Also, I won't be talking about the Packers, or their QB's future, until 2007, thanks to their Sunday game against the Bears being pushed to 8:15 p.m., victims (benefactors?) of the NFL flex scheduling.

Speaking of football, this may be the funniest thing I've read all year. And I read a lot of funny shit, thanks to the limitless talents of writers on the internet.

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but check it out anyway. It's a blog written in the voice of benched Dallas QB Drew Bledsoe. For my non-sports readers, he was replaced midway through the season by someone named Tony Romo. This blog is dedicated to the supposed thoughts of Bledsoe on his successor. Do yourself a favor: set aside 40 minutes and read the entire thing, starting at the beginning.

An actual conversation I had yesterday with an orthopedic neck/spine surgeon's office:

Me: "Hi, my name is Jersey Girl and I've been referred to you by Dr. Dave. I'm having some terrible trouble with my neck and shoulder. My hand has been numb for two weeks and I'm in a lot of pain."

Appointment Maker: "Oh my. Well, let's see what we can do for you. Oh, good news. We've got something on January 15th."

Me (choking on my own tongue): "Uhhhhh. Really? Well, all right."

So I have three more weeks of knife-stabbing pain and mysterious, worrisome numbness to deal with.

Cranky? Me? Nah.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/28/2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I recall an awful pain in my neck and shoulder this past summer. I had to wait over a week for an appointment.

    Fortunately, I found a doctor near my home to treat me. Other than "fry rice" and "shrimp lo mein", I couldn't understand a friggin word he said.

    Sometimes, it's worth the wait.

     
  • At 12/29/2006 4:37 AM, Blogger Marjon said…

    there is nothing wrong with the way you spend your first day off. Sometimes you just need to relax and do nothing.
    The pain and waiting for the doctor is not a good thing. That really sucks.

     
  • At 12/29/2006 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just drink.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home