wine by the color

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

As part of the ongoing “Why I Love Newspapers” series at Wine By The Color, I offer this (and for once, I’m including the name of the accused, because he deserves full credit for this stunt move)…

DRUNKEN DRIVING: 3:40 a.m., Jan. 20: Edwin Crossley Jr., 39, of Levittown, Pa., was charged with drunken driving after he was seen driving erratically on Hancock Street, police said. Crossley was found with an open liter bottle of rum, a bag of ice and several empty soda cans, according to a police report. Police suspected Crossley was making rum and cokes while driving. Crossley was changed with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, failure to keep right and possession of an open container of alcohol in a vehicle.

Well, if you’re going to get busted for a DUI, you might as well make it worth your while. I do appreciate that the police threw in the “failure to keep right” charge. Because being a tavern on wheels wasn’t enough.

Also, my horoscope was, for once, rather insightful today.

The natural flow of friendship is to drift apart and come together when it’s right for both people. So don’t worry too much about whether or not your friends still love you. They do! They really do!

I don’t want to discuss that any further, except to say it comes at an interesting time.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/31/2007 11:13 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    Did Sally Field write that horoscope?

    Speaking of friends that love you, have you talked to COD lately? Just kidding.

    Any Southside trips coming up? I think I may acutally get out of the house in February.

     
  • At 2/01/2007 6:27 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I'm pleased to say I have not spoken to COD since the day I walked out of the Gannett outpost on Route 22.

    I'd speak with Professor Carino about a possible South Side gathering. I'm sure your promised attendance would warrant a special outing.

     
  • At 2/01/2007 11:03 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    Wow, you're putting the pressure on me to show up. I think I need that - the pressure - I mean.

    I like the kid with the Yuengling bottle. One day about a week ago, me and the Pendleton children were in the liquor store when the youngest Pendleton looked at a 30-pack and said "it's bud light," to which the older Pendleton children correctly reacted, "No, that's Miller Lite."

    While I was quite proud of her, I was a bit disturbed as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home