wine by the color

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Buckeyes came into the Valley of the Sun with a 12-0 record, bidding to become the greatest team ever at a school where that title is not thrown around lightly. Instead, the Buckeyes will spend Tuesday, Wednesday and the rest of their lives wondering how to explain an egg simultaneously laid by 121 players, nine assistants and one head coach.

That pretty much sums it up. Out-played. Out-coached. Period.

I put forth more of an effort than anyone in a Buckeye uniform last night. I tried everything to turn the tide: changed OSU shirts - twice - during the game; used a Craig Krenzel bobblehead as a voodoo doll; switched from red wine to white; took a walk around the block during halftime; wore my knit OSU hat indoors.

Nothing.

Let's review the high points. That won't take long...

1. At least we had 16 seconds of joy.
2. Sometime in the third quarter, one of my college roommates called, in a similar sobriety-challenged condition. She had decided, while watching the debacle, that the best way to get over such a loss would be a girls' trip to Amsterdam.

Yep. I think that's about it.

And really, that's all I have to say. Don't worry - you don't have to bump Tony Romo to make room for me on the death-watch list. I'll be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home