wine by the color

Thursday, January 11, 2007

So tomorrow, because I am not a horse and thus deserve to continue to receive medical attention, I am traveling to a surgical center, where a doctor who received his medical degree at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Science (please tell me someone has heard of this place, because "Sophie Davis" sounds like it should be a typing school) will inject a large needle full of drugs directly into my spine.

You know what's coming but I'll say it anyway ... GOOD TIMES!!

Two things worth mentioning...

I am not allowed to eat or drink after midnight tonight. This puts a hell of a burden on Freakgirl, who is driving me to the appointment. I am not the best morning person on many days, but no food or water will surely put me at my crankiest. Did you ever fill out one of those all-about-me surveys, where one of the questions is "What's the first thing you thought about this morning?" Ninety-five percent of the time, my first thought is, "I'm hungry."

When the doctor's assistant called to prepare me for the procedure, she provided me with a list of things to bring:

1. The films from my MRI
2. My insurance card
3. An extra pair of socks

Anyone?

3 Comments:

  • At 1/11/2007 4:07 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I look forward to documenting your crabbiness on my blog tomorrow.

    As for socks...I did a little googling and a lot of moms recommend bringing extra socks when going to the hospital to give birth. Obviously you will not be giving birth, but according to what I read, an epidural will make your extremities quite cold. So bring some mittens, too. :)

     
  • At 1/11/2007 11:07 PM, Blogger Bich said…

    You see, I thought the nurse just needed new socks. Thank God for google. (and good luck with the giant needle)

     
  • At 1/11/2007 11:11 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    LIfe isn't fair. I want a large needle full of drugs injected directly into my spine! I would SO appreciate it more than you! You won't enjoy it as much as I would. You have actual PAIN for it to treat! I just want to get fucked up!
    Life isn't fair!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home