wine by the color

Thursday, January 25, 2007

To finish my Hawaiian adventure...

After working Saturday and Sunday (as a sidebar, this is the loosest interpretation of the word "working" you'll ever see. Yes, we did work hard and our efforts were quite productive, but it's hard to use the word "working" seriously when this is the view from the "office"...)












Anyway, after flying to Oahu Monday morning, we made quick stops here and here. From there, it was on to the North Shore, where we watched surfers conquer the Banzai Pipeline:










Then it was on to Roy's, where we enjoyed what will no doubt be one of the best meals I'll eat this year - macadamia nut crusted blue nose snapper. Bellies full, we returned to HNL and enjoyed several drinks in the president's club, which was a fine prelude to the nine-hour flight back to Newark.

After a scant 22 hours at home, it was time to return to EWR for a flight to Orlando, where I am now after an incredibly pleasant flight, complete with the first-class bump. Given how easy my travel has been of late, I am due for a real doozy of a mess sometime soon.

For anyone who is not a fan of the F word, I would recommend you not check this out (Mom, this means you, and I'm not kidding). For everyone else, read and enjoy.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/25/2007 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just had coffee come out my nose while reading the "Manning" rant. Funniest thing I ever read. Good way to start by 12 hour work day.

     
  • At 1/25/2007 11:22 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    They featured food from Roy's on last night's "Top Chef." It looked amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home