wine by the color

Monday, February 05, 2007

Neal: What do you think the temperature is?
Del: One.

It is unbelievably cold. I love winter, but this is even too much for me. I came close to not getting the mail today, because that required taking 1oo steps in the opposite direction of my front door.

But it could be worse. At least I wasn't dodging millions of gallons of cold water.

There was a huge fire in Sea Bright this morning. Apparently, the combination of frigid temperatures and high winds made putting it out a real bitch. Looking at this firefighter (from the Ledger), I can't begin to imagine how cold it must have been.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2007 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Andrea belongs to the Junior League of Monmounth county (womens charity organization). Appearantly, two of the girls from the group lived there and lost everything. It sounds like they got out with just the shirts on their backs. I feel bad for them, no one deserves that.

     
  • At 2/08/2007 3:11 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    BB, I'm really sorry to hear that. Let me know if they organize a fundraiser or clothing drive, or anything like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home