wine by the color

Friday, February 02, 2007













Oh my gosh. I don't know what to say. This is so unexpected. I thought Punxsutawney Phil's prediction of an early spring would be the best Groundhog Day gift I received. But no!

You know, you step out of the house for an hour to run an errand and your cell phone goes nuts. But oh, the wonderful news those text messages and e-mails delivered.

Do you know the worst part of the events of Jan. 8th (besides the reminder that a hangover feels a whole lot worse when it's earned drowning your sorrows due to your team's complete dismantling instead of celebrating its success)? It was the text messages and calls during and after the game. When tOSU won the national title in January of '03, the post-game calls with family members and college friends were probably the most gleeful I've ever had. This year, the text messages went like this: "Dude. This is fucking ugly," "Did they forget they had a game tonight?" and "I can't watch any more of this." And my favorite, from the Good Doctor the day after the game: "I'm no longer curled up catatonic in a ball. I never found a razor. I didn't jump off a bridge. So I guess I'm okay."

So when my cell phone started going nuts while I was driving earlier, it was nice to enjoy a celebratory feeling, instead of needing to pull over to the side of the road. I'll admit it ... for a minute, I was so happy and excited I thought I might cry. It passed. But I am FIRED UP! While I was in the store, I wanted to shout to the guy in front of me in line, "Hey, have you heard the great news?!?" Instead, I called the First Lady of Sheboygan to share the joy and announced my intention to return to American's Dairyland this fall.

This will no doubt re-ignite the discussion as to whether His Holiness should have just called it a career, instead of risking injury, a disastrous final year and who knows how many more interceptions. You know what? Save it. I'd rather watch him give it his all on the field than watch assclowns like Terrell Owens play with 1.7 percent of the passion Favre has for the game. I hope they have to eventually drag Captain Favrelous off the field. I really do.

Ironically, I've been trying to post this all day, but YouTube doesn't seem to like the new blogger specs. Now it's moot! But still funny.

Nice work by the Biloxi Sun Herald getting the scoop. Thus far, the Evil Empire has only posted the AP version of the Sun Herald's story. I'm sure by day's end they'll have figured out a way to give Mortensen full credit for getting the story. We'll know the truth. Also, I'm glad I don't have to check Packers News hourly any more. Seriously, I think I've doubled their online readership during the past month.

I'm going to lie down now. It can't be healthy for my heart rate to be this high...

7 Comments:

  • At 2/02/2007 7:00 PM, Blogger frank said…

    this is like being the husband and finding out terri schiavo's brain activity is at 4 percent today, up from 3 percent the day before.

    just let him go already. we'll all be happier. i can't take another season of horrible interceptions followed by, "that favre is just being favre. he's a gunslinger!"

     
  • At 2/02/2007 7:56 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Oh, Lozo. And after I was so supportive of your thoughts on Barbaro earlier this week...

    And Freakgirl, thanks for the assist with the pic.

     
  • At 2/02/2007 7:57 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 2/02/2007 11:37 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    JG: Good news for you, but what the hell was all that crying he was doing at the end of last season? What is he a wuss or something? Or just out of drugs that night?

    I know you love the guy, but honestly, someone needs to tell him and Roger Clemens the world will still rotate on its axis if they retire. Enough already.

    GO AWAY

    But I'm happy for you though, although I guess my predicted wedding between the two of you will have to wait until 2008.

     
  • At 2/03/2007 2:19 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    JP: Go ahead and mention the interceptions, the annual indecision, even the gray hair. But don’t you ever, EVER, lump him in with that piece of shit Clemens.

    That said, I can wait another year.

     
  • At 2/03/2007 6:19 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Yeah, really JP, how can you lump ANYONE, let alone one of the grestest quarterbacks in NFL history, in with that satan-worshiping head-hunting shit-heel.

    Clemens is a cocksucker whose end should come via the stick of dynamite I jam up his arse.

    I'm glad Mr. Favreulous is returning, too.

     
  • At 2/05/2007 4:01 AM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    JG, Sandman: I know, character-wise, it's an awful comparison, but retirement-wise, it's a good one. I really think both of these cats LOVE having people beg them to stick around.

    And sandman, "one of the greatest QBs in NFL history," is a bit strong. Great QB, Hall of Famer, but out of all the QBs in the history of the league, not even in the top 15. Maybe the not even in the top 20.

    But he is cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home