wine by the color

Friday, March 16, 2007

Recently, I've been going to the gym before work. I'd typically rather be hit in the head with a hammer than voluntarily rise at 5:30 a.m., but I have to admit this new system is working pretty well so far. I feel great when I'm done, and I've gotten it out of the way by 7:15 a.m. Given my rigorous social calendar (ahem), it's rare I actually exercise after leaving the office, so getting it done early is the key.

It's also given me an unexpected bonus. There were some breathtaking sunrises this week. I don't see the sunrise often, unless I happen to still be up from the previous evening. Maybe they look like this all the time and I just haven't realized it. But the sky has been an amazing maze of deep blue, pink and purple lines crossing the sky. Really amazing.

I started the Self Challenge this week, which is basically a three-month program during which you track your workouts and what you eat. I've done really well all week in terms of diet. But after a week's worth of egg whites, fruit and oatmeal shakes and whole wheat pasta and vegetables, I was concerned that yesterday's all-day hoops viewing might throw me off a bit. Let's see how I did:

Breakfast (8:30 a.m.): two egg whites and a fruit-and-oatmeal smoothie
Lunch (1:00 p.m.): grilled chicken with roasted peppers and mozzarella
Afternoon snack (2-8:00 p.m.): eight beers and popcorn
Dinner (8:30 p.m.): wings, nachos, pizza with cajun shrimp and andouille sausage, cheesy crab dip

Yep. I'd say everything is in order here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home