wine by the color

Sunday, April 22, 2007

For anyone who can't get enough photos of the devastating destruction last week's rain caused throughout central Jersey, FANTASTIC news!

Thanks to the local paper, you now have the opportunity to buy your very own photos from last week's disaster. That's right - a special memento of the massive flooding that has again decimated two neighboring towns can be yours, starting at $29.99. Might I recommend this one? There's just something about two poor souls, who probably poured every penny they had into their business, emptying the ruined remnants of no doubt years of hard work onto the sidewalk.

That is going to look GREAT on my wall.

While I'm all riled up, I might as well mention someone else who recently raised my hackles...

While sitting at Houston Intercontinental Airport last week, awaiting my flight to the Garden State, the flight next to mine was leaving for Boston at 7:40 a.m. At 7:32 a.m., a Beantown-bound passenger sauntered up to the counter. The sauntering is important to note because, given that this man had but eight minutes to spare, he could not have shown any less urgency. It’s common knowledge that passengers have to be on the plane at least 20 minutes before the departure time, and there is usually no wiggle room on this. But they actually seemed to be holding the door for him, for which he showed not an ounce of gratitude.

So did he get on the plane? No. Because his wife was still somewhere in the airport. After the gate attendant told him they had one minute to get on the plane, the man called his wife, who reported she was still in security. At IAH, that might as well be another country. So the gate attendant, upon hearing her location, closed the door and indicated they would be put on the next flight to Boston.

And that's when the profanity parade began. It was loud. It was foul mouthed. And it was absolutely unwarranted, given that the passenger was completely to blame.

How the gate attendant did not bitch-slap this assclown is beyond me. I wanted to, and he wasn't even yelling at me. But the airline's representative refrained from the violence I was hoping to see, and when I boarded my flight 10 minutes later, he was helping the tardy jackass find another flight.

The wife still had yet to arrive.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/23/2007 12:23 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I don't hear the word "assclown" enough in life. I love it.

    I was reading the paper yesterday and noticed that the owner of my favorite eatery in Bound Brook may not rebuild. Now I'm going to have to ask him and his wife to move in with me, or at least give me access to the recipe file.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home