wine by the color

Monday, April 30, 2007

While standing in a martini bar in AC late Saturday night (ok, it would probably be more accurate to call it Sunday morning), we noticed a woman standing on the other side of the bar. Amid the mélange of halter-top-wearing bachelorette-party attendees, this young lady stood out not for her outfit, but for her accessories. Her right arm was in a full cast, from fingertips to elbows, in a sling. The left was in a bright-pink cast from her fingers to her elbow.

And she was rockin' on with her bad self just fine. But oh, the questions I had.

Yesterday, I overheard the following conversation between a husband and wife in a store:

Wife: "I have to take Jeremy to the bathroom. Can you keep an eye on Allison?
Husband: "I will."
Wife: "No really, please don't let her out of your sight."
Husband (slightly irritated): "I WILL."
Wife: "Not like last time, when you lost her."
Husband: Silence.

3 Comments:

  • At 4/30/2007 8:41 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    That woman in the cast would be deemed "fashionable" in my school.

    On a different note, I realize I am required to fill in a "word verification" to put comments on your blog.

    But is "qqaqx" really a "word"?

     
  • At 5/03/2007 10:40 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I believe "qqaqx" is Nigerian for "nappy headed ho."

     
  • At 5/04/2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Sunset~Lover said…

    I laughed so hard when I read that conversation. I read it to my co-worker (she has 2 kids) and she said that happens! men!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home