wine by the color

Friday, May 11, 2007

"Even as we were grieving we thought, Man, there's a lot of humanity in this world."

I've been a Sports Illustrated subscriber since 1986 and for many years I read every issue cover to cover, word for word. That hasn't been the case for a long time (which is a rant for another day). But every once in a while, there's a great article. Usually, it's written by Gary Smith. Last week, it was this effort from L. Jon Wertheim. It's a lengthy but worthwhile read.

Also, if you happen to be dining in central Jersey anytime soon, might I recommend you visit Vicki's Diner in Westfield? I've never been there but am always happy to check out another Jersey diner. Particularly one with such a caring, concerned owner.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/11/2007 9:08 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    Thanks for the link, Beth. I don't read SI much anymore, but I love Wertheim, and Bluffton is only an hour away from where I live. I printed it out (hard copy, yo) for reading later.

     
  • At 5/13/2007 10:10 PM, Blogger Bich said…

    Tom Verducci is my favorite SI writer. And, I think he's a Jersey boy who graduated from Penn State. So what's not to like there?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home