wine by the color

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Not that I’m planning to switch jobs anytime soon, but if I do, I have a plan...

I need to find something that would allow me to work from around 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. That was the plan today as I headed into work late, knowing I’d be there well past the usual departure time thanks to a press release I had to distribute following some large national events.

The going in at 11 worked out great. I awoke at 7, went for a run, stained my deck, put away all my clean laundry, had breakfast, read the paper, watched Kelly Ripa spin her magic, stopped at the grocery store for a salad, and headed to the office.

Unfortunately, part B was an abject failure. I knew an 8 p.m. departure was optimistic, but was rather disheartened when I walked out of the office at 12:16 a.m.

But this 11-8 idea has serious potential. It would allow me to get lots of things done in the morning (including sleeping past 5:15 a.m., the current alarm time thanks to this running in the morning system) but still get out of work early enough to enjoy social activities in the evening. Perhaps I’ll draft a proposal for my boss. And perhaps I’ll wake up tomorrow and be able to fly. Oh, wait, that’s Saturday.

As a side note, there have been two job postings in Green Bay on my sports jobs web site in the past week. Unfortunately, neither has been for Personal Assistant To His Holiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home