wine by the color

Monday, July 16, 2007

Scenes from a weekend...

1. I planned to get an early start Saturday morning so I could hit the gym before getting involved in the day. Let's see how that went:

7:30 a.m. Awaken
7:31 a.m. Turn on television while getting ready for gym
7:32 a.m. Realize Grease 2 has just started
9:25 a.m. Carry on with day

I can't help it. Grease 2 is glorious crap, way up there in my Watchable Crap ratings with Urban Cowboy and Road House. If the folks at HBO can find it in their hearts to air the film that brought us such classic tunes as "Reproduction," "Do It For Our Country" and "Score Tonight," who I am to not take advantage of their good will?

2. Macy's fitting room near the women's bathing suits section, midday Sunday

I'm not sure how or why, but there seemed to be three women in the fitting room next to mine. Median age: early 50s. Favorite word: Fuck.

Actual phrases all overheard:

- "Holy fuck, would you look at my ass?"
- "Fuck me. I look like a heifer in this thing."
- "Who the fuck would this look good on?"
- "This fucking music is fucking killing me."
- Woman 1: "Gloria, the little skirt on that bathing suit looks really cute." Gloria: "Fuck you."
- "Fuck it. Maybe I'll try again next year."

Trying on bathing suits is a torturous exercise for anyone. Particularly anyone who ate something called the Honey BBQ Chicken SuperMelt at Friendly's the previous evening. But listening to my neighbors, I felt just a little bit better.

9 Comments:

  • At 7/16/2007 9:40 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's...rock and roll!

     
  • At 7/16/2007 9:59 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Funny you should mention that. I always thought that was the actual title of the song. Alas, it's "Score Tonight."

    So I can cross learn something new off today's to-do list.

     
  • At 7/16/2007 10:47 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said…

    Bathing suit shopping fucking sucks.

     
  • At 7/17/2007 12:50 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    How can you talk about Grease 2 without mentioning "Cool Rider??"

    As a man with two sisters, I must have seen Grease 2 (as well as the original) about a gazillion times. I, too, still watch the adventures of Stephanie Zanoni and Johnny Nagarelli whenever it's on.

    DYK: The cat who played "Michael" showed up about a decade later in one of my favorite flicks, "Empire Records," as "Rex Manning."

     
  • At 7/17/2007 7:04 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    ME: Amen.

    SJP: I'm aware of Michael's appearance in Empire Records, another film I watch constantly.

    Even more random, that cat also appeared in a very early (perhaps even the pilot - Freakgirl can confirm this) episode of 90210, as an older man Brenda was sneaking around with.

     
  • At 7/17/2007 8:28 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Confirmed! It was indeed the pilot, Maxwell Caulfield playing Jason Croft, the older man Brenda meets at a club with her fake ID.

    Ah, good times.

     
  • At 7/17/2007 9:57 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    A very quotable flick. To this day, when someone asks me if I've ever done something that I find a little odd, I still respond with "Not in the last few hours" as Stephanie did in the chem lab when Michael asked her if she'd "ever read a Superman comic?"

    And, of course, as a big fan of sarcasm, I also use the "I'm free every night. It's in the constitution" retort when someone asks me if I'm free a particular night.

    A very quotable flick.

    "Hey, Johnny. It's that guy!"
    "This time we get 'em, Zanoni!"

     
  • At 7/17/2007 12:30 PM, Blogger Marjon said…

    Oooooh! Two out of 3 are movies I will watch every time their on tv! But there is something about Sam Elliott...
    And Grease 2 is just fun.
    Let's do it for our country... I'm not breaking my nails.

     
  • At 7/17/2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Marjon said…

    their? they're uf kurs.
    the word verification I had to type in with the last post was aynal. Which I'm not. Or am. eeeeh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home