wine by the color

Thursday, July 12, 2007

So I go to Mary Ellen's blog and see all the wonderful dinners she's whipping up (in particular, this one), which made me consider my recent culinary adventures. For example, my dinner this evening consisted of four Yuenglings, seven handfuls of spicy peanut bar mix and nine fries off a friend's burger platter.

My dietary tips and recipes are readily available, should anyone be interested.

Tonight marked the first time I've hit Happy Hour (akin to a holiday, it should always be capitalized) in months. My favorite ex won the state's biggest golf tournament today and there was celebrating to be done.

And it may have been just what I needed to hoist me out of this current funk. Work remains Le Shit, but until that situation settles itself out I've decided not to let it ruin any more of my days. I have limited time at home during the summer, and I am determined to enjoy it.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/13/2007 10:10 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    We can make Mary Ellen's buffalo chicken dish on Tuesday if you'd like.

    Also, ain't nothing wrong with beer for dinner.

     
  • At 7/14/2007 2:03 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said…

    You're on the liquid diet - nothing wrong with that at all! I'd be very happy to cook for you again soon! Let me know when you are around.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home