wine by the color

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Among my casual goals for 2007 was to be generally nicer. Not necessarily to people I know - to them I'm plenty nice. More to the anonymous souls - people I do not and will never know.

So when I first saw the photo below, I had lots to say about it, but vowed to let it go.

Well, I cannot let it go. Every time I look at this, it sets me off. Hearty laughter. Sheer horror.

For I just don't think I've ever seen such a sight:




















For those who don't know, this is an internet celebrity of sorts. I do not read his work, but am aware that many people do.

So.

Admittedly, my concern for my personal appearance has waned as the years have passed. The "I could give a crap" phase is coming along quite nicely as I hurtle toward the end of my 30s. In fact, yesterday I traveled home on two planes from halfway across the country without showering. Hey, you have to be on an airplane at 5:50 a.m. Something's gotta give, and a time-wasting trip to the water closet was the first thing to go.

And sometimes, when I know I'm not doing much of anything, particularly anything that requires leaving the house, I wear some shady outfits. I'm currently wearing shorts that resemble the ones this gent is sporting, along with a t-shirt I got my freshman year of college, which looks every bit of almost 20 years old.

But I am not going anywhere except to bed. I am not walking the streets with my rolling attache (which, as an aside, makes me wonder if he's on his way to a business meeting. I would pay cold, hard cash to be sitting in that room when this walked in). I am also not a pseudo-celebrity who has made a name for himself ripping the appearance of others.

Truly, I am trying to be nicer. But if people are going to throw this sort of thing out there, I mean, really. A person can only take so much. I have limits, dammit.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/16/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Perez Hilton deserves every bit of nastiness thrown at him. Don't feel one bit guilty. He's ugly inside AND out.

    Also, how FREEING is that "I could give a crap" phase? So freeing.

     
  • At 8/18/2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Joe and Mel said…

    My Mac has been in the hospital for over a week. Imagine MY delight at getting a full week's worth of wine by the color all at once. I was going through withdrawel. You did not disappoint. My sides hurt.

     
  • At 8/19/2007 12:27 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I'm here to amuse.

    Of course, usually I'm just amusing myself, so it's nice to hear others are humored as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home