wine by the color

Thursday, August 02, 2007

The story of my trip to Mount Rainier, along with the photos, is not something I can rush through so it's going to have to wait until Monday. I'm leaving for four computer-free vacation days momentarily and I just haven't had time to get to it. I've been extremely busy since my return to the homeland with golf, bicycling, cocktails, sitting on my arse and hanging with these two...
















But here's a little unrelated tale to hold you over until Monday...

I was in Target last night getting a few vacation-related items when I saw a cute shirt in the clothing department. I went to try it on, and that's when the magic happened.

While in the dressing room, I overhead two women chatting - the woman who hands out the numbers and a customer. I don't believe they knew each other prior to this conversation, but they sure did hit it off. They were discussing their respective children, and the one mentioned that her oldest, who is 25, just had her second child. The other said her oldest is 22 and "if she comes home pregnant anytime soon I'll break her fucking legs."

The first woman then mentioned she has three children. The oldest, grandchild-bearing daughter had a non-noteworthy name. The youngest is named after Megan Kanka, and the explanation for that was: "Well, they were saying her name on the news all the time and I just thought, that's a really nice name."

But it's the middle child's name that set me off...

Woman 1: "And the middle one is named Alyssa."
Woman 2: "Oh, that's pretty. Where did you come up with that?"
Woman 1: "Well, you know, Who's the Boss was really popular when she was born."
Jersey Girl in dressing room: Snorting laughter

Have a nice weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/02/2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Joependleton said…

    Suddenly, I don't feel so bad naming my kids after a piss hole in the middle of Queens and an 10-year-old shortstop with a fresh mouth.

    So what's worse, naming your kid after a murder victim or after a TV whore?

    If I have another kid, my the choices will be

    Sharon Tate Pendlendton, Tiffany Amber Pendleton or a combo of both ideas: Dana Plato Pendleton.

    Think I can change the existing birth certificates?

     
  • At 8/02/2007 11:32 PM, Blogger Joe and Mel said…

    You get the best dressing rooms...
    Wonder if these two f-bomb droppers were trying on bathing suits a while back...

     
  • At 8/04/2007 10:29 AM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    I guess it could have been worse. She could have named the daughter after "Danny" on the show.

    After all, they both are really into dudes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home