wine by the color

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Anyone care to venture a guess as to what this is?










If you said me standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, you would be correct.












So you're in the car for more than 250 miles (albeit at speeds ranging from 85-90 MPH, thanks to the wondrous lack of adherence to posted speed limits) and you're getting a little antsy. That pesky muscle in your right thigh is acting up thanks to sitting on it for four hours. You're a little hungry and a little tired.

But finally you reach your destination. You get out of the car and this is the sight that greets you:











This is the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest National Park in northeastern Arizona. Absolutely breathtaking. Stunning colors, and an amazing variety of views.

As much as I enjoyed the desert and the forest, I think my favorite part was the sky. A perfect blue, with clouds so perfectly shaped and so close you're sure you could touch them. When Bob Ross painted happy little clouds, I'm sure he did so with these in mind.














Just before I left, I was granted a final treat ... the sunset.








4 Comments:

  • At 9/14/2007 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great stuff. And to think a few short days ago, you were looking at asphalt and swamp land and a man a waving chicken sandwiches at
    passers-by.

     
  • At 9/14/2007 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love "Happy Little clouds".
    RIP B. Ross

     
  • At 9/14/2007 10:06 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    LS: don't get me wrong, I loved that view too.

    Anon: That show got me through many a hangover in college. That man had the most soothing voice ever.

     
  • At 9/15/2007 3:15 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Were there any girl in flat-bed Fords turning around to take a look at you? Because that would be hot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home