wine by the color

Monday, September 17, 2007

Greetings from Texas. Yep, less than 48 hours at home and it was back on the road.

But things got off to a good start here. With my favorite ex and another friend from home playing in this tournament, we kicked off the week with some hearty carousing last night. Which is at least partially responsible for the scattered nature of today's thoughts...

It took me a while but I finally read this book. I got it ages ago and have tried to read it several times but was never in a mentally good place to do so. While flying home from #43 last Friday, I decided it was time to dive in. And what a dive it was. The book made my heart ache so much I had to put it down halfway through. Finally finished it on my way here.

There's nothing like good writing.

Speaking of all things literary, why did Amazon send me an e-mail announcing the release of "Redrawing the Boundaries: The Date of Early Christian Literature (Bibleworld)?" Which previous purchase sent the message that this would appeal to me? Was it the South Park DVDs on my Wish List?

Oh, I'm sorry - did I just pass out? I mean, look at this...
















The Packers' success yesterday was no doubt related to the good vibes I sent to His Holiness as my flight took off over the stadium three hours before the game started. The Giants' incredible suckitude certainly played a much smaller role in the Packers' easy win.

And as for Monday football talk, let's just focus on Green Bay's nice 2-0 start this season. I don't want to talk about the Jets. Or the Browns, despite the fact that they put up 51 points against the Bengals (who fortunately still covered).

Finally, I promise, details of #43 are coming. Soon.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home