wine by the color

Monday, September 03, 2007

I think my mom worries about me a little as I travel all over the country.

But, clearly, her concerns are completely unfounded:




















As you can see, guns are not allowed at my hotel. So I'm completely safe.

Last night, while sitting at a bar waiting to hear this man share some words of wisdom on SportsCenter, I started chatting with the gentlemen sitting next to me. It didn't take long for them to mention they were Chiefs fans.

Hee!!

Jersey Girl: "So, what do you think of Herm?"
Gentleman #1: "Oh, he's great. I think he's going to turn the boys around this season."
Jersey Girl: "Interesting. Fortunately, the preseason isn't an accurate indication of what the season will bring."
Gentleman #1: "Uh, no. Not at all. I mean, half their players didn't even play."
Jersey Girl: "Uh huh. And when they do play, do you think Herm will be able to effectively coach the games? Let's be honest, he's not the greatest game coach. I mean, is he the guy you want making decisions when the Chiefs are trailing by three with two minutes left in the game?"
Gentlemen # 1 and 2: Stunned silence.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/06/2007 5:53 AM, Blogger Marjon said…

    I once stayed at a hotel in Niagara Falls and outside in the parking lot was an old jeep with a couple of nice stickers on the back. "If you don't agree with our country, call 1-800-get-the fuck out" and a sticker that said he was a lifetime member of the NRA. I felt sooo much safer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home