wine by the color

Monday, November 19, 2007

My plan for yesterday was simple: enjoy a low-key tailgate, watch the first half of the game, pay homage to Curtis Martin during the halftime festitivies, and call it an early day. It was freezing, and I was willing to break our strict "no leaving before the game's over" code rather than getting sicker while watching the Jets get blown out.

Much to our collective amazement (not to mention the dismay of the thousands of Steeler fans in the stadium), it turned out to be an excellent game. So we stayed for the whole thing. Not surprisingly, after spending eight hours in the bitter cold, my throat was swollen shut when I awoke this morning. I was already planning to take the afternoon off, so I just extended it to the entire day.

Why the planned half day? Because my body continues to fail me in little ways, I have to spend today evacuating every drop of life out of my system in advance of some fun with my gastroenterologist tomorrow. So the rest of the day will be spent watching the entire series of "Undeclared" and slurping all the chicken broth and Jell-O my system can handle.

Try not to be too jealous.

3 Comments:

  • At 11/19/2007 11:12 PM, Blogger Bich said…

    Consider this my gift to the Meadowlands as the Jets bring their high-off-an-upset squad to Irving to dare besmirch my Cowboys on Thanksiving Day.

    Google: NYT: At Jets Game, a Halftime Ritual of Harassment.

    Talk about Gang Green.

     
  • At 11/20/2007 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not that you didn't alredy know it, but to coin a Joe Pendleton phrase, "cat, you're hardcore."

    On another note, I can't imagine there was too much halftime flashing yesterday in those conditions. Then again, maybe there was.

     
  • At 11/20/2007 4:44 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    CK: I actually just got off the phone with a reporter from the state's largest paper about this very topic. More to come soon...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home