wine by the color

Sunday, December 09, 2007

So how was Dublin?

Among many highlights, my favorite day was Wednesday, when the Beckster and I started the day with a visit to two churches and a castle. The cultural portion of the program completed, we moved on to lunch, where we shared a bottle of wine, then on to Jameson's, which included a whiskey tasting. It was then time for an afternoon pint. And the next thing we knew, it was 4 in the morning and I was dancing to Michael Jackson tunes in an after-hours lounge with an Irishman named Quinn. And finally noticing, as I put my head on the pillow, that the clock read 6:56.

That pretty much sums up Dublin (although there will be many details, stories and photos to come).

And thanks to the many friends and readers who notified me of this during my absence. I didn't check e-mail or have cell access while over there, but immediately upon my return I was inundated with messages about this.

People, it warms my heart to know how much you care. You are looking out for me, and it is appreciated.

Also, details regarding how I found out about this will be included during the Dublin wrap-up because the words, "West Virginia lost? That can't be right. Pitt is awful. You must be really drunk." should be placed in their proper context.

2 Comments:

  • At 12/09/2007 6:05 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Yay, you're home! Glad you enjoyed it.

    Oddly enough, when I was in Ireland, I too once found myself dancing with an Irishman to 80s music at an after-hours. Awesome.

     
  • At 12/10/2007 4:58 PM, Blogger Joe and Mel said…

    Hmm, I had a similar experience in Scotland in the 90's...my older cousins left me to fend for myself with a brazen soccer stud (or so he thought).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home