wine by the color

Monday, January 28, 2008

To the unsuspecting eye, this probably looks like a simple small cooler on a countertop.




















You would be wrong in that line of thinking.

This morning, the second of three flood lights in my kitchen blew. Unfortunately, because the lights are located high in the lofted ceiling, replacing them is no easy task. A change requires a process whereby I climb from the chair onto the counter, then step atop the cooler so I can reach the lights.




















Now, as I arranged this system this evening, I realized that for someone who lives alone (and is cloudy-headed thanks to the cold), this might not be the safest method for interior illumination replacement. Although I remain somewhat athletic and coordinated, this just seems to be asking for trouble. And by "trouble," I mean a fall of around 9 feet, with no one around to hear my screams and transfer me to a medical facility.

But all's well that ends well. I am in one piece, and the kitchen is again bright.















As we always say here at Wine by the Color - Safety First!

2 Comments:

  • At 1/28/2008 10:02 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    As we always say here at Wine by the Color - Safety First!

    Thereby proving the idiom "easier said than done."

    Shit, I don't even eat grapes alone.

     
  • At 1/28/2008 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Before I even started to read, I looked at the picture and thought to myself that I hoped you didn't use that to climb up for something high. :)

    Kimberly in Missouri.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home